
Last Weekend I walked in the 3 Day Breast Cancer walk in the Twin Cities. The walk was 60 miles long and it was three days long. I have photo's showing you our Team which is called The B Cups. There's a photo of all of the tents - as there were over 3,000 participants in the walk. The walkers each raised at least $2,200.00 each and as a whole we raised over 7 million dollars for Breast Cancer Research. I can't help but think if we can find the cause of breast cancer, it will open the door for all of the other cancers. It was a grueling walk, but we had fun along the way, as they have pit stops and meals and evening programs to entertain us, as well as thousands of fellow walkers to visit with and talk to. I was tired when I came home, but I feel a deep sence of being part of a movement that is much larger than me. It's a good feeling. Will I walk again next year? I don't know yet. I need to give it some thought. There are other causes that I believe in, too. This is a good one because of the people close to me who have been affected. I have to think about it. But I am certainly glad that I walked this year. And I congrtulate my team who walked with me. They're great people and I'm proud to know them.
No comments:
Post a Comment