
Now, here's a crew - this time all nine of them went to the Quetico for a 9 day canoe trip. They had an outfitter transport them to Canada and they canoed for days with food they packed in their packs. They fished and believe it or not, they're still on speaking terms. The adults are my cousin Bill, my brother-in-law, John, my brother, Rich, my brother-in-law, Frank and my husband, Bill. The younger guys are my cousin Barbara's son Gavin, my nephew Dan, my cousin Bill's son, Carl and my nephew Eli. My sisters and I camped at a nice spot in Ely, MN. My parents came to visit and my younger sister visited as well. It was a great week for all involved. Relaxing and just what a vacation should be. The weather was great. There was a little rain, but it wasn't that bad. There was some wind one night, but it didn't last. My sister has a camper that hooked up to water and electic, so I completed a quilt top with my sewing machine. I also knit a couple hats. We drove into Ely and walked, shopped and ate pizza one night. Otherwise, we stayed at the campground and read and generally kept busy with campsite types of things. It was fun and my sister and I are thinking next year, the men should consider going to Grand Marais, because we have pretty much seen Ely and would like to discover what Grand Marais has to offer.
1 comment:
Great job with the blog. I need to get in gear. Love the photo of the bird's next.
Post a Comment